This blog is all about local businesses who market themselves online. We have guest posts from small businesses based all across the UK who predominantly use the internet to market their services. The guest posts are from firms who have contributed an article about their specialty and we hope it brings value to the reader.
Scroll down to discover all the wonderful local businesses we feature and learn a lot from them as they share their wealth of knowledge.
Blog writing is a great hobby that many people have picked up, specifically since the internet has ended up being much more readily available. Starting your own blog can be simple and fun, as well as a great way to make some money. Read this article for suggestions on creating a quality blog.
See to it that you regularly post content when running a blog. If you don’t publish material regularly, then your website traffic will shrink rather swiftly. Have a comments section so your viewers can connect and give feedback. If your visitors enjoy your content, they are more likely to come back.
Develop a themed blog site according to exactly what you are writing about. For instance, if you have an agriculture blog, use different colours and images related to farming. Colours that seem misplaced will be more likely to turn people off from reading and appreciating your blog.
Try finding your dimensions yourself. Identify an article size that will fit when it comes to your skills and interests. Don’t replicate various other bloggers, try to be unique. Some 600-700 words each post is a good goal with some larger 2000-3000 blogs thrown in.
You need to be adding new content to your blog every week. If you intend to keep your blog ranking highly when it comes to the search engines then you need to be consistently posting new content. Ensure that what you write is actually beneficial, not just a bunch of fluff to fill up the blog.
Invite other bloggers who are popular to write guest articles on your blog. This is a simple way to get even more high quality content on your website. You might also get more web traffic if the other blog writers informs their audience of their appearance on your blog. You could build up a truly content-rich blog quickly if you can get a number of good guest writers to contribute.
Sticking with a subject you are very interested in, or passionate about, is ideal if you want to start blogging. Constantly vary the material you produce and be consistent with publishing to keep your readers coming back for more. Keep the tips in this post in mind and start your own blog today!
There are many web design tips out there, and if you run a website or planning on starting one, then knowing what some of these tips are can be useful. In this article, we will cover a few tips. With that said, continue to read on for some simple web design tips you should keep in mind.
1. Create A Professional Logo- All too often website owners do not create a professional looking logo. They tend to just throw together any old logo and use it only on their homepage. Ideally, you want to have a professional looking logo and you want to gave it on every single page on your site. The reason you want to do this is because people from the search engines may stumble across one of your webpages, other than your homepage, and by seeing your logo they will have a good impression right away.
2. Get Rid Of Visual Clutter- People love photos, videos and info-graphics, but you want to be careful to not have too many visuals on your website, because it can actually work against you. Get rid of any clutter on your site, such as too many videos, images and things of that nature. If your site doesn’t have that much clutter on it, then your visitors will be more impressed with your site and they will likely stick around for longer periods of time. As a website owner, you want to keep visitors on your site for as long as possible because this will increase your chances of making conversions, sales and other benefits.
3. Don’t Overdo It With Colors- All too often, website owners go crazy with colors on their site. It is best to stay as basic as possible because if you overdo it with colors and you have many colors on your site, it can be distracting to visitors. As a rule of thumb, stick with 2-4 colors for your site, such as one color for all your headlines, one color for your main background and maybe one color for the background images of your articles.
4. Choose Fonts That Are Easy To Read- Don’t make the mistake of using over-the-top fonts because they may not look that good on mobile devices or even desktops. Large fonts may look perfectly fine on laptops and computers, but they may look absolutely horrible on various mobile devices. Generally speaking, choose a basic font type, one that many people are familiar with and don’t go any larger than 11PT. The last thing you want to do is to send visitors running in the other direction because they cannot read your content due to the fonts you have chosen, as well as the size of the fonts.
These web design tips were brought to you by Digity Marketing who are a web design agency based in Wokingham. You may think these tips can’t make a difference, but you will be surprised at just how much of a difference they can make. If you implement the above web design tips, then you will be doing yourself a big favor.
Are you looking for a good way to market your business? If so, then you need to use video. Continue to read on to find out how to use video to market your business.
1. Get Customer Testimonials- One of the best ways to market your business via video is by having your customers give testimonials. You can request them to send a video to you, and then you can share the video/videos on your website. When people see happy customers or pleased customers speaking about your business, then there is a good chance you will generate more business.
2. Give A Virtual Tour- You can give people a virtual tour of your business. All you have to do is record a video of your office or store, and discuss your business while giving the tour. You might be surprised at how many people will enjoy a virtual tour of your office, which can lead to more sales and more people wanting to learn more about your business.
3. Add A Survey To Your Videos- Another thing you will want to do is add a survey to your videos, and the survey should be related to your business and/or your products. A lot of people don’t mind taking surveys, but if you want to get as many people to take your surveys, then you should make them fun and exciting to take. If you do this, then more and more people will take your surveys at the beginning or end of your videos.
As you can see, there are a number of ways to use video to market your business. The above ways are just a few of them. With that said, all you have to do now is start creating videos for your business and share them anywhere you can.
If you are in the search for an affordable alternative for voice communications for your business, then you are going to be impressed with the advent of VOIP systems. Voice Over Internet Protocol is basically a means of communicating through the internet in a way not so different from the way convectional telephone works. The difference, obviously is that instead of using a phone connected to a copper made phone line, the system will run on a computer. But, how does a VOIP really work? It this article, we shall be answering this question.
Well, the manner in which this system works is pretty simple. All the user needs to do is install a VOIP program on the computer, this can be set up by any IT support company. You will be surprised to discover that most of these programs are free and can be downloaded easily on the internet. Almost all instant messaging programs come with VOIP capability and so, if you already have a IM, you probably have a VOIP ready to go. To utilize such a system, all you need to do is plug in a headset with a microphone to the computer. Headsets are pretty cheap nowadays and can be found in almost any electronic device shop, or even online for roughly under 20 dollars.
When you speak into the headset plugged into the computer, the voice is converted into an analog signal which is then converted to a digital one so that is can be transferred over the internet. The signal is then received by the other user and since the signal is in digital format, it should be clear with no loss in quality. Most individuals will use a IM to VOIP setup. For instance, two individuals will voice chat through an Instant Messaging program. However, it is also also possible to integrate cell phones and landlines into the voice over internet protocol system. So, that is how a VOIP works and as you can see, it is pretty simple.
When you are exploring how this system works, it is imperative to know that VOIP systems will work with any type of connection. For instance, if you are using a dial up system, you should be able to make VOIP calls. The problem with such systems however, is that the audio quality might be lower, disconnections might happen and might be more regular than new systems. Ideally, the VOIP system may freeze causing inconvenience especially for a company that depends on calls for sales. As such, it is better to use latest systems with fast connections such as cable internet or DSL high speed connections. With such convenience at an affordable price, why not employ VOIP?
Internet marketing can be a very effective way to drive new customers and clients towards a business. Unfortunately, many business owners are not aware of how to implement even the most simplest of internet marketing techniques. With that in mind, in this short article, we are going to talk about four internet marketing techniques that non techie business owners can implement today.
1. The most important element of internet marketing is to ensure that your business website is optimized for search engines. One easy way to do this is to create your website using WordPress and then to install one of the most popular on-page SEO plugins. WordPress is free and opensource, so your business has nothing to lose by giving it a try.
2. In order for your internet marketing efforts to be successful, your business needs to have a presence on social media networks. Therefore, you should create business profiles on at least the top four social media platforms, including Twitter and Facebook. For universal branding purposes, it is important to make sure that your profiles on each platform are as visually similar as possible.
3. YouTube is set to become as popular as Google for internet searches within the next ten years. This is because people generally prefer watching videos to reading articles and people’s internet connection speeds are becoming faster and faster with each passing day, meaning watching videos in real-time is no longer a problem. Get ready for the future by creating a YouTube channel for your business and uploading a few videos. The videos could include footage showcasing the products that you sell, or they could be a tour of your business’s premises. Youtube works great for visual businesses such as software companies and designers also.
4. If you have a budget for internet marketing, spend it wisely. Many online advertising companies now allow advertisers to buy geo-targeted advertising. If you have an offline business, it is important to make sure that you only pay to have your ads displayed to people who can actually visit your business in person, so make use of geo-targeted ad campaigns.
If you do not have time to develop and deploy an internet marketing campaign yourself, do not be afraid to hire a professional company to take care of such a task on your behalf. Competition in the internet marketing field is fierce, so as a buyer, you should be able to negotiate a good deal on an effective online marketing campaign for your business.
If you are dieting or exercising, you must track what you are doing if you want to succeed. You can’t figure out what’s wrong with your nutrition program if you don’t know what, and how much, you are eating.
The concept is the same with regard to bookkeeping and running a successful and profitable business. No matter what size your business is, from sole proprietor to one with hundred of employees, accurate bookkeeping is a vital and necessary function of the operation.
Whether you do it with pencil and paper, simple off the shelf bookkeeping software, or customized software for your business will depend on your company’s unique size and needs. But all companies need accurate bookkeeping.
Here are a few important reasons as to why bookkeeping is so important.
Your Cash Flow
You need to know how much money is flowing out of your business, where it is flowing to, now much is going out and when it goes.
You also need to know about cash inflows, where are they coming from, when do they arrive, what are they for and what is the amount.
This is vital to your business staying in business and it can’t be done in your head. Accurate records are needed. Without them, you could find yourself bouncing checks to suppliers, getting shorted by customers or worse. Managing cash flow in a business is vital to keeping the business going. If you don’t have the cash flow to pay your bills, keep inventory, pay employees, etc. you won’t be in business for very long.
With bookkeeping you can see at a glance what your cash flow situation looks like and take immediate action if it looks like there is going to be a problem.
Filing taxes for a business is tough enough. Doing it without accurate bookkeeping records is not only a nightmare but just about impossible.
If you keep good books,your tax situation can be monitored and kept under control and there won’t be any surprise come filing time.
Profit and Growth
Proper bookkeeping makes it easy to keep an eye on your profits and the growth of your business. This will give you an idea on how well you are managing and growing your business and allow you to make corrections to things like costs and marketing going forward.
Using proper bookkeeping or a firm of chartered accountants will help you to manage and keep an eye on many aspects of your business. Without it, you are flying blind and your chances of success are a lot smaller.
Marketing is imperative to the success of any business. While there are a variety of marketing tools available, there are certain ones that have better success rates than others. In modern times, it is extremely important for all businesses to use Internet based tools and platforms to get ahead of the curve. By using the right Internet marketing tools, any business has the opportunity to generate leads and reach millions of potential customers.
Those who are familiar with marketing may hear the term “lead generation” used in reference Internet marketing. This term is used to describe generating the interest of consumers and potential customers. By generating interest, these potential customers are much more likely to become engaged with a business’s products or services.
One very common source of lead generation is e-mail marketing. E-mail marketing is used to informally reach consumers with engaging advertisements or specials. There are many affordable platforms that can be used to generate mass e-mails to reach consumers. Many businesses find that offering coupons or introductory offers in these e-mails increases the chance of gaining new customers and clients.
Internet based advertisements are another very successful and popular form of lead building. Both large and small businesses can create advertisements and pay to have them placed on web pages. These pages may include social networks, blogs and other websites with high traffic. In addition to this, some businesses opt for paying for ads on search engines. This can generate a significant amount of consumer interest.
Search engine optimization is becoming a rapidly popular and extremely effective way for businesses to reach new clients and customers. Search engine optimization allows a business to increase their visibility in search results. Direct traffic to a business’s website is significantly increased when their web page appears on the first few pages of search engine results.
In order for businesses to get the most out of each of these tools, it is important for them to collect data regarding their customer base. By knowing the demographic information of customers, they can target advertisements directly to those specific people. Demographic factors that affect advertisement include age, location, income and so on.
By studying and implementing these practices, businesses of any size can see an increase in consumer interest. When consumer interest is attained, businesses are more than likely to see an increase in the customers and clients they have. Companies of all sizes can benefit from these tactics. One company who are particularly pleased with the difference the internet has made to their bottom line is Fine Vistas Landscaping who are a Reading Landscaping company. Try these tips for 90 days and watch the difference it makes in your business.
Mobile marketing has taken the business world with a storm. The reason for this is that entrepreneurs who embrace new technology will easily propel and move their business from one level to another. Mobile marketing is important and will benefit your business since it allows you to reach the targeted audience easily and cheaply.
The mobile phone devices are normally owned by individuals who will often carry the device to wherever they go. The individuals are able to check their mobile devices regularly and read marketing messages and campaigns in real time.
It is an effective way to communicate to customers since clients are generally attached to the smart phone and perceive it as friendly device. Marketers who are able to establish a two way communication with their potential clients are able to engage their favorite brands and build a relationship that can benefit them.
The phone numbers are unique to individual and when used well can improve on customer management integrity. It is the cheapest method of marketing with a low CPM compared to other traditional marketing channels. Mobile marketing can also be integrated with other channels in promoting products. This elicits a higher response from the targeted audience.
Mobile marketing is 5 times more effective than email marketing. It leads to less media waste and high return to your investment. It is easier to construct a data base using the phone numbers hence it is the easiest way marketers can track their audience and evaluate the progress made.
Using phone numbers, it is easier to determine the customers’ geographical location and have a personalized conversation based on what they may be doing. Services such as Bluetooth, NFC or QR codes can help in collecting information.
Mobile marketing has changed the face of convectional marketing. Further invention of advanced mobile devices has allowed for more connectivity with the marketers being able to customize their marketing and tracking their audience. It saves on cost because very little manpower is required to do the mobile marketing.
The marketer is able to understand and analyze the behavior of clients and improve on the services offered. It is possible for the audience to share the advertisement and this makes it have a significant viral benefit.
If you want t grow your business, you need to embrace mobile phone marketing. Take this chance to benefit from the numerous opportunities available in mobile marketing. Internet revolution has made things better. Many companies can benefit from these types of marketing strategies. One in particular, Sure Safe Locksmiths of Reading have adopted these marketing strategies and seen huge growth in their revenues this year.
Where your website appears in the search engines is a mystery to all but the experts who practice Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) techniques. There are really two sides to the SEO coin – the first is the paid listings which is in fact an online auction. The second is the natural or organic listings and are determined by a complex algorithm which SEO practitioners try and guage and both are important from an online marketing perspective.
The paid listings, which are generally at the top and down the right hand side of the results page are online bidding system where companies vie to be higher up the listings and pay a small fee every time someone clicks through to their website. This may seem fairly simple but some websites have thousands of clicks and visitors per day driving huge amounts of traffic to their site. Even at one pound per click (some categories are much higher!) several thousand clicks per day can cost a business a small fortune.
The organic listings are technically free and certainly don’t involve a bidding system. The search engines list the businesses or results pages it deems best for any given search query. They have a secret algorithm for working this out which involves on page factors like titles and tags but also involves off site factors such as backlinks and citations. While there is no cost to actually be placed on the organic listings there is a cost in employing the SEO firm who optimises your site to appear high up on the first page of the search results.
In competitive market places there can be a large on going cost involved with both forms of search marketing. As long as the cost is justified with a positive return on investment (ROI) then it is money well spent. Take your time before diving into either method as it can be a real shock to the uninitiated.
This article was brought to you by Chris Hines from Atlantis Web Marketing. They are a Reading based SEO firm who specialise in helping Thames Valley businesses increase their online exposure through search engine marketing.